Players Code of Conduct
At Seaside, when an athlete decides to participate in the activity of club volleyball, the player must agree to meet the following standards as representatives of our organization:
Seaside Players Code of Conduct
- As part of his or her commitment, an athlete is expected to attend all scheduled practices, games, meetings and tournaments. When absence is unavoidable, a phone call to the coach will be expected. Chronic absence could result in an athlete being denied an opportunity to play in the next game / tournament, or possible removal from the team.
- Athletes are expected to show respect for all teammates, officials, spectators, coaches and athletes from opposing teams as well as for the rules of the game.
- Use of any illegal or controlled substance (alcohol, drugs, tobacco) will not be tolerated in any form whatsoever. Such use will be cause for immediate dismissal from the organization.
- When at games or tournaments requiring overnight stays, the following will be expected:
- Curfews set for the appropriateness of the team age will be enforced.
- Meals will be taken as a team. Parents accompanying the team are welcome to join the team.
- Athletes will be expected to respect all properties they will be in when at tournaments. Individuals will be held responsible for any willful damage. Rules and Guidelines for Travel Traveling:
- Safety comes first for all participants; nobody goes alone to any destination.
- Athletes may NOT leave hotel grounds or playing venues without the permission of their respective coach.
- Rooms are assigned by coaches. Athletes are NOT allowed to switch with each other.
- Curfews are set by coaches and strictly adhered to.
- Parent chaperones are there to support the efforts of players and coaches. All decisions by the respective team coach will be adhered to (on or off the court).
- Athletes will abide by all team rules generally in effect; no screaming, shouting, running, trashing of rooms, hotels, restaurants, no alcohol, cigarettes or drugs of any kind, and ALWAYS act with class.
- Make sure you leave every place as clean as you found it, if not cleaner (If the coaches have to clean up after you, they will not be happy and neither will you).
- The team must stay together at all times while at tournaments.
- Ensure that you have money to buy food (if a concession stand is available) otherwise, and preferably, pack your own lunch from home (sandwiches, fresh fruits and vegetables such as oranges, carrots, celery, cucumbers, etc.). Good athletes stay away from junk food, particularly during tournaments. We recommend that you bring lots of fluids (i.e juices and water)
- Most of all, avoid doing anything stupid or silly to get the coaches upset, for it makes the trip a very long one, especially for you!
Disciplinary action will be taken for failure to follow the above guidelines. These could include athletes sitting for a game, or games, suspension from the team or a set period of time, or in extreme cases, being removed from the team entirely.